New Opening positions in Southern California
- Collaborate with clinicians and researchers to design statistical analyses,
gather and analyze data to yield meaningful conclusions about important questions
related to clinical safety of therapeutics, pharmacoeconomic analyses, or effectiveness of clinical programs.
- Customize and develop statistical approaches to support pilot clinical programs and outcome researches
- Develop and validate SAS programs and reviews statistical reports for accuracy
- Develop and automate SAS
-based statistical applications
- Provide summarization and statistical analysis of data and interpretation of results
- Mentor junior biostatisticians
Skills / Requirements
- At least Master degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related quantitative fields is required.
- MS with 5+ year or Ph.D. with 2+ year work experience in statistical analyses and SAS programming after graduation
- Ability to design statistical analyses and interpret results of data analysis to ensure validity of conclusions.
- Proficient in SAS programming, especially SAS Macro, and SQL and large data
processing and analysis experience in SAS
- Excellent problem solving capabilities, oral and written communication skills, and ability to multi-task
- Expertise in relational database (Teradata, Oracle, and DB2)
- Ability to work independently without supervision or with very minimal supervision
- Experience in medical and pharmacy claim data analysis is not required but highly desired.
OptumRx is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. In the largest and most personal sense, your impact can be greater than even you thought at OptumRx.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
If interested in this position, please submit your resume to:
and we will ask our friends to help refer for good fit.
Back to Jobs in Southern California Homepage
Statistician, Data Mining Specilist
Back to SAS Interview Questions and Answers Tutorial