Tutorial for PowerPivot on Excel
PowerPivot is a free add-in into Excel 2010 and beyond, more powerful than the regular pivot table.
Two key Highlights:
1) Work with over a million rows of data in seconds
2) Similar to Join in SQL, you can join different data/tabs together
Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for Excel
• If you use an operation system other than
Windows 7, install .NET3.5 SP1
• Download and install Microsoft Office 2010. Note:
you need to install Both Excel 2010 and Office Shared tools, or you will not be able to register PowerPivot add-in.
• Click the following video tutorial to get a taste of powerpivot.
• Download and install PowerPivot add-in here
If you use Excel 32bit
you must download 32bit PowerPivot
. If you are using Excel 64bit then you must download 64bit PowerPivot addin.
• Start Excel 2010. You might have to confirm that you want to "install this customization". After that you can start using PowerPivot.
• Video on how to install PowerPivot for Excel
• How to check your PowerPivot for Excel version installed on your machine
• Office 2010 64bit edition
• Technet: Install PowerPivot Add-In for Excel
• Where did my PowerPivot Excel 2010 tab go
• How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
• Tutorials containing PowerPivot Samples/Examples
• More Videos containsing PowerPivot demonstration
• More known issues discussed in more details
• How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues.
• More powerpivot help from Microsoft
• Download PowerPivot Help
file (link from here
Acknowledgement: The copyright for the Video Tutorial belongs to chandoo
, you can take a course from chandoo to learn more.
Continue to What makes a great presentation?
Back to Statistics tutorial home
Excel Analytics Tutorial Home